Sunday, October 19, 2008

Doing The Best With What You've Got



This is my internet friend, PG. He has graciously accepted my offer to mock him.

Recently, he documented his goatee growth.

You'd think with all the fatherly duties and film purchasing and photo downloading and beer brewing (ad nauseum) the dude has going on, there wouldn't be time to recount the history of his facial hair. But, he did.

Go figure. To each his own.

Boredom can come in many forms - mine is illustrated below .....




"Yeah ... black and white probably woulda been better ..."


"Hold them lips tight, you can almost make out an effort ..."


"Extra goofy? Hey ... I got that look down pat!"


"Maybe this wasn't such a good idea afterall ..."


"Grrrrrr! Urrrrrr!
Grrrrrr! Where're me Lucky Charms ... ?!?"


"All I gotta say is: I'm bringin' sexy back ..."


"And what can brown do for you today, my good sir?"


"Just a tad more practice
and I'll have this 'deer caught in headlights' look nailed flat ..."



"Hair? Spiked. Tie? Knotted. Game face? On.
Bring those four hours of management meetings, baby ..."



"Hmmmmm ... I wonder:
How many days can I get away with wearin' this gray shirt
a'fore anyone notices?"



"With goofy look ............ or without this morning?
That is the question ..."



"Mom's makin' me wear orange again.
She knows I'm not a 'summer' ..."



"There are days the camera works with me
... and there are days it doesn't ..."



"... word to the 'A' ..."

"And then, the guy with the hook says to the aardvark ..."


"Why, yes.
As a matter of fact, I did just passed the Grey Poupon ..."



"If I could just frame my face
in facial hair from the eyebrows down.
Wow ... that'd be stylin' ..."



"And they say only gangstas and catchers
wear their hats backward.
I pull it off just fine ..."



............................... Ruprecht ( STOP )


10 comments:

Marissa said...

Ha! Thanks! I needed this. Doris Day and James Garner are on the TV. OK, maybe the movie is better. ButI'm amused greatly by the commentaries under the photos.

Anonymous said...

I wonder is PG is still your internet friend after this mug shot series! Please let PG know that I laughed, hopefully with him - and appreciate his volunteering to become fodder for Rupe's blog!!

Sprezzatura said...

Now why am I not shocked you get the concept of "a summer?"

Endlessly impressed...

Anonymous said...

i'm-a-here!

loling all the way.

i gave rupe the greenlight on this here project.

boredom can make one do some silly things.

Ruprecht said...

Ladies and Gentlemen: The Subject of Rupe's latest gaff: PG his ownself .....

Anonymous said...

ROFL! I am glad you two have hobbies like photography to keep you busy!

These are awesome!

JT said...

LOL, I've known PG for nearly 30 years - so I can say with some authority that your captions are pretty much spot-on.

PG said...

i never did like jt

Anonymous said...

oh, and the comment on the first one about B&W... funny you say that. I did a b&w the day I took it.

Piper of Love said...

This might be the best post I've EVER seen.