Wednesday, October 14, 2009

NLDS, Game 2 .....


I was fortunate enough (courtesy of a friend from New Jersey - thanks loads, Matt!) to head to the second game of the National League Division Series October 8th to see the Los Angeles Dodgers commit a grand and glorious come-from-behind win over the St. Louis Cardinals and take a 2-0 lead in the best-of-five series.

The Dodgers would go on to sweep the Cards and move onward to the National League Championship Series.

This game, however, was a kicker. The opposing pitcher flung a gem of a game, giving up a mere homerun and a three hit performance before leaving the game undecided.

A few pictures of my buddy Ken and I and 50,000+ of our closest friends .....


Yeah ... it's a bit packed tonight .....

Really ... ??? A line to get into the men's restroom ... ?!?!?

This guy is one of my best friends
when I'm watching the game from the comfort of my living room .....

Yup. That's Slash of Guns 'N' Roses, doing the National Anthem .....

Hey! McCourt! Lasorda! Down in front!
I'm a paying customer and I can't see, already!

I have no explanation for this guy .....

Manny at the plate .....

The eventual win and final score .....

Grins and hugs and backslaps all around .....

Car to guess which ones are the bankers?
We had these knuckleheads in stitches the entire afternoon.

Half an hour after the final winning hit, they're headed for the exits .....

Ken didn't want evidence he had, indeed, lost his car .....

I just had to get a picture
with the lone Cardinals fan in the stadium .....

You betcha .....

.................. Ruprecht ( STOP )

No comments: